Scrabble word: ROCK
In which Scrabble dictionary does ROCK exist?
Definitions of ROCK in dictionaries:
- noun - a lump or mass of hard consolidated mineral matter
- noun - material consisting of the aggregate of minerals like those making up the Earth's crust
- noun - United States gynecologist and devout Catholic who conducted the first clinical trials of the oral contraceptive pill (1890-1984)
- noun - (figurative) someone who is strong and stable and dependable
- noun - hard bright-colored stick candy (typically flavored with peppermint)
- noun - a genre of popular music originating in the 1950s
- noun - pitching dangerously to one side
- verb - move back and forth or sideways
- verb - cause to move back and forth
- Relatively hard, naturally formed mineral or petrified matter; stone.
- A relatively small piece or fragment of such material.
- A relatively large body of such material, as a cliff or peak.
- A naturally formed aggregate of mineral matter constituting a significant part of the earth’s crust.
- A large gem, especially a diamond.
- Crack cocaine.
- A varicolored stick candy.
- Rock candy.
- In a state of difficulty, destruction, or ruin: Their marriage is on the rocks.
- Without money; bankrupt: Our accountant says the business is on the rocks.
- Served over ice cubes: Scotch on the rocks.
- To move back and forth or from side to side, especially gently or rhythmically.
- To sway violently, as from a blow or shock.
- To be washed and panned in a cradle or in a rocker.
- To play or dance to rock ’n’ roll.
- To move back and forth or from side to side, especially in order to soothe or lull to sleep.
- To cause to shake or sway violently.
- To disturb the mental or emotional equilibrium of; upset: News of the scandal rocked the town.
- To wash or pan (ore) in a cradle or rocker.
- In mezzotint engraving, to roughen (a metal plate) with a rocker or roulette.
- A rocking motion.
- The act of rocking.
- Rock ’n’ roll.
- adj - to move back and forth [v -ED, -ING, -S] : ROCKABLE