Scrabble word: REFERENCE
In which Scrabble dictionary does REFERENCE exist?
Definitions of REFERENCE in dictionaries:
- noun - a remark that calls attention to something or someone
- noun - a short note recognizing a source of information or of a quoted passage
- noun - an indicator that orients you generally
- noun - a book to which you can refer for authoritative facts
- noun - a formal recommendation by a former employer to a potential future employer describing the person's qualifications and dependability
- noun - the most direct or specific meaning of a word or expression
- noun - the act of referring or consulting
- noun - a publication (or a passage from a publication) that is referred to
- noun - (computer science) the code that identifies where a piece of information is stored
- noun - the relation between a word or phrase and the object or idea it refers to
- verb - refer to
- An act of referring: My careful writing results from many references to a dictionary.
- Significance in a specified context: Her speeches have special reference to the African situation.
- Meaning or denotation.
- The state of being related or referred: with reference to; in reference to.
- A mention of an occurrence or a situation: She made frequent references to her promotion.
- A note in a publication referring the reader to another passage or source.
- The passage or source so referred to.
- A work frequently used as a source.
- A mark or footnote used to direct a reader elsewhere for additional information.
- Submission of a case to a referee.
- Legal actions conducted before or by a referee.
- A person who is in a position to recommend another or to vouch for his or her fitness, as for a job.
- A statement about a person’s qualifications, character, and dependability.
- To supply references to: “Our memories are addressed and referenced... by significant fragments of their own content” (Frederick Turner).