Scrabble word: REFEREE
In which Scrabble dictionary does REFEREE exist?
Definitions of REFEREE in dictionaries:
- noun - (sports) the chief official (as in boxing or American football) who is expected to ensure fair play
- noun - someone who reads manuscripts and judges their suitability for publication
- noun - an attorney appointed by a court to investigate and report on a case
- verb - be a referee or umpire in a sports competition
- verb - evaluate professionally a colleague's work
- One to whom something is referred, especially for settlement, decision, or an opinion as to the thing’s quality.
- Sports & Games.
- A person appointed by a court to make a determination of a case or to investigate and make a report on it.
- verb - to supervise the play in certain sports