Scrabble word: REFER
In which Scrabble dictionary does REFER exist?
Definitions of REFER in dictionaries:
- verb - make reference to
- verb - be relevant to
- verb - think of, regard, or classify under a subsuming principle or with a general group or in relation to another
- verb - send or direct for treatment, information, or a decision
- verb - seek information from
- verb - have as a meaning
- verb - use a name to designate
- To direct to a source for help or information: referred her to a heart specialist; referred me to his last employer for a recommendation.
- To assign or attribute to; regard as originated by.
- To assign to or regard as belonging within a particular kind or class.
- To submit (a matter in dispute) to an authority for arbitration, decision, or examination.
- To direct the attention of: refer him to his duties.
- To pertain; concern: questions referring to yesterday’s lecture.
- To make mention or reference.
- The central meaning shared by these verbs is “to call or direct attention to something”: referred to my indiscretion; adverting to childhood experiences; often mentions his old friend.
- verb - to direct to a source for help or information