Scrabble word: RECORD
In which Scrabble dictionary does RECORD exist?
Definitions of RECORD in dictionaries:
- noun - anything (such as a document or a phonograph record or a photograph) providing permanent evidence of or information about past events
- noun - sound recording consisting of a disk with a continuous groove
- noun - the number of wins versus losses and ties a team has had
- noun - the sum of recognized accomplishments
- noun - a compilation of the known facts regarding something or someone
- noun - an extreme attainment
- noun - a document that can serve as legal evidence of a transaction
- noun - a list of crimes for which an accused person has been previously convicted
- verb - make a record of
- verb - register electronically
- verb - indicate a certain reading
- verb - be aware of
- verb - be or provide a memorial to a person or an event
- To set down for preservation in writing or other permanent form.
- To register or indicate: The clerk recorded the votes.
- To register (sound or images) in permanent form by mechanical or electrical means for reproduction.
- To record something.
- An account, as of information or facts, set down especially in writing as a means of preserving knowledge.
- Something on which such an account is based.
- Something that records: a fossil record.
- Information or data on a particular subject collected and preserved: the coldest day on record.
- The known history of performance, activities, or achievement: your academic record; hampered by a police record.
- An unsurpassed measurement: a world record in weightlifting; a record for cold weather.
- A collection of related, often adjacent items of data, treated as a unit.
- An account officially written and preserved as evidence or testimony.
- An account of judicial or legislative proceedings written and preserved as evidence.
- The documents or volumes containing such evidence.
- A disk designed to be played on a phonograph.
- Something, such as magnetic tape, on which sound or visual images have been recorded.
- verb - to set down for preservation