Scrabble word: RECEIVE
In which Scrabble dictionary does RECEIVE exist?
Definitions of RECEIVE in dictionaries:
- verb - get something
- verb - receive a specified treatment (abstract)
- verb - register (perceptual input)
- verb - go through (mental or physical states or experiences)
- verb - express willingness to have in one's home or environs
- verb - accept as true or valid
- verb - bid welcome to
- verb - convert into sounds or pictures
- verb - experience as a reaction
- verb - have or give a reception
- verb - receive as a retribution or punishment
- verb - partake of the Holy Eucharist sacrament
- verb - regard favorably or with disapproval
- To take or acquire (something given, offered, or transmitted); get.
- To hear or see (information, for example): receive bad news; received a good report of the group’s activities.
- To have (a title, for example) bestowed on oneself.
- To meet with; experience: receive sympathetic treatment.
- To have inflicted or imposed on oneself: receive a penalty.
- To bear the weight or force of; support: The beams receive the full weight of the walls and roof.
- To take or intercept the impact of (a blow, for example).
- To take in, hold, or contain: a tank that receives rainwater.
- To admit: receive new members.
- To greet or welcome: receive guests.
- To perceive or acquire mentally: receive a bad impression.
- To regard with approval or disapproval: essays that were received well.
- To listen to and acknowledge formally and authoritatively: The judge received their oath of allegiance.
- To acquire or get something; be a recipient.
- To admit or welcome guests or visitors: The couple are not receiving this winter.
- To partake of the Eucharist.
- To convert incoming electromagnetic waves into visible or audible signals.
- To catch or take possession of a kicked ball.
- verb - to come into possession of