Scrabble word: RECEDE
In which Scrabble dictionary does RECEDE exist?
Definitions of RECEDE in dictionaries:
- verb - pull back or move away or backward
- verb - retreat
- verb - become faint or more distant
- To move back or away from a limit, point, or mark: The flood waters finally receded.
- To slope backward.
- To become or seem to become fainter or more distant: With the passage of time, my unhappy memories of the place receded.
- The central meaning shared by these verbs is “to move backward”: a hairline that had receded; waters ebbing at low tide; a turtle retracting its head into its shell; a retreating army; academic standards that have retrograded.
- verb - to move back or away