Scrabble word: PROPER
In which Scrabble dictionary does PROPER exist?
Definitions of PROPER in dictionaries:
- adj - marked by suitability or rightness or appropriateness
- adj - having all the qualities typical of the thing specified
- adj - limited to the thing specified
- adj - appropriate for a condition or purpose or occasion or a person's character, needs
- Characterized by appropriateness or suitability; fitting: the proper knife for cutting bread; not a proper moment for a joke.
- Called for by rules or conventions; correct: the proper form for a business letter.
- Strictly following rules or conventions, especially in social behavior; seemly: a proper lady; a proper gentleman.
- Belonging to one; own: restored to his proper shape by the magician.
- Characteristically belonging to the being or thing in question; peculiar: an optical effect proper to fluids.
- Being within the strictly limited sense, as of a term designating something: the town proper, excluding the suburbs.
- For use in the liturgy of a particular feast or season of the year.
- Of or relating to a subset of a given set when the set has at least one element not in the subset.
- Worthy of the name; true: wanted a proper dinner, not just a snack.
- Thoroughly: beat the eggs good and proper.
- adv - appropriate [adj] : SUITABLY
- noun - a portion of the Mass