Scrabble word: PEOPLE
In which Scrabble dictionary does PEOPLE exist?
Definitions of PEOPLE in dictionaries:
- noun - (plural) any group of human beings (men or women or children) collectively
- noun - the body of citizens of a state or country
- noun - members of a family line
- noun - the common people generally
- verb - fill with people
- verb - furnish with people
- Human beings considered as a group or in indefinite numbers: People were dancing in the street.
- A body of persons living in the same country under one national government; a nationality.
- Persons with regard to their residence, class, profession, or group: city people.
- The mass of ordinary persons; the populace.
- The citizens of a political unit, such as a nation or a state; the electorate.
- Persons subordinate to or loyal to a ruler, a superior, or an employer: The queen showed great compassion for her people.
- Family, relatives, or ancestors.
- Animals or other beings distinct from human beings: Rabbits and squirrels are the furry, little people of the woods.
- verb - to furnish with inhabitants