Scrabble word: DIVINE
In which Scrabble dictionary does DIVINE exist?
Definitions of DIVINE in dictionaries:
- noun - terms referring to the Judeo-Christian God
- noun - a clergyman or other person in religious orders
- verb - perceive intuitively or through some inexplicable perceptive powers
- verb - search by divining, as if with a rod
- adj - emanating from God
- adj - resulting from divine providence
- adj - being or having the nature of a god
- adj - devoted to or in the service or worship of a deity
- adj - appropriate to or befitting a god
- adj - being of such surpassing excellence as to suggest inspiration by the gods
- Having the nature of or being a deity.
- Of, relating to, emanating from, or being the expression of a deity: sought divine guidance through meditation.
- Being in the service or worship of a deity; sacred.
- Superhuman; godlike.
- Supremely good or beautiful; magnificent: a divine performance of the concerto.
- Extremely pleasant; delightful: had a divine time at the ball.
- Heavenly; perfect.
- A cleric.
- A theologian.
- To foretell through or as if through the art of divination.
- To know by inspiration, intuition, or reflection.
- To guess.
- To locate (underground water or minerals) with a divining rod; douse.
- To practice divination.
- To guess.
- adv - pertaining to or characteristic of a god [adj -VINER, -VINEST] : DIVINELY
- verb - to foretell by occult means