Scrabble word: CRANK
In which Scrabble dictionary does CRANK exist?
Definitions of CRANK in dictionaries:
- noun - a bad-tempered person
- noun - a whimsically eccentric person
- noun - an amphetamine derivative (trade name Methedrine) used in the form of a crystalline hydrochloride
- noun - a hand tool consisting of a rotating shaft with parallel handle
- verb - travel along a zigzag path
- verb - start by cranking
- verb - rotate with a crank
- verb - fasten with a crank
- verb - bend into the shape of a crank
- adj - (used of boats) inclined to heel over easily under sail
- A device for transmitting rotary motion, consisting of a handle or arm attached at right angles to a shaft.
- A clever turn of speech; a verbal conceit: quips and cranks.
- A peculiar or eccentric idea or action.
- A grouchy person.
- An eccentric person, especially one who is unduly zealous.
- To start or operate (an engine, for example) by turning a handle.
- To move or operate (a window, for example) by or as if by turning a handle.
- To make into the shape of a crank; bend.
- To provide with a handle that is used in turning.
- To turn a handle.
- Of, being, or produced by an eccentric person: a crank letter; a crank phone call.
- To cause to start or get started as if by turning a crank: cranked up a massive publicity campaign.
- To cause to intensify, as in volume or force: cranks up the sound on the stereo.
- Liable to capsize; unstable.
- adv - full of energy [adj -LIER, -LIEST] : LIVELILY
- verb - to start manually