Scrabble word: CAVEAT
In which Scrabble dictionary does CAVEAT exist?
Definitions of CAVEAT in dictionaries:
- noun - a warning against certain acts
- noun - (law) a formal notice filed with a court or officer to suspend a proceeding until filer is given a hearing
- A warning or caution: “A final caveat: Most experts feel that clients get unsatisfactory results when they don’t specify clearly what they want” (Savvy).
- A qualification or explanation.
- A formal notice filed by an interested party with a court or officer, requesting the postponement of a proceeding until the filer is heard.
- verb - to enter a type of legal notice