Scrabble word: BROOD
In which Scrabble dictionary does BROOD exist?
Definitions of BROOD in dictionaries:
- noun - the young of an animal cared for at one time
- verb - think moodily or anxiously about something
- verb - hang over, as of something threatening, dark, or menacing
- verb - be in a huff and display one's displeasure
- verb - be in a huff
- verb - sit on (eggs)
- The young of certain animals, especially a group of young birds or fowl hatched at one time and cared for by the same mother.
- The children in one family.
- To sit on or hatch (eggs).
- To protect (young) by or as if by covering with the wings.
- To sit on or hatch eggs.
- To hover envelopingly; loom.
- To be deep in thought; meditate.
- To focus the attention on a subject persistently and moodily; worry: brooded over the insult for several days.
- Kept for breeding: a brood hen; a brood mare.
- verb - to ponder gloomily