Scrabble word: AZIMUTH
In which Scrabble dictionary does AZIMUTH exist?
Definitions of AZIMUTH in dictionaries:
- noun - the azimuth of a celestial body is the angle between the vertical plane containing it and the plane of the meridian
- The horizontal angular distance from a reference direction, usually the northern point of the horizon, to the point where a vertical circle through a celestial body intersects the horizon, usually measured clockwise.
- The horizontal angle of the observer’s bearing in surveying, measured clockwise from a referent direction, as from the north, or from a referent celestial body, usually Polaris.
- The lateral deviation of a projectile or bomb.
- noun - an angle of horizontal deviation