Is TWIST valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of TWIST in various dictionaries:
- noun - an unforeseen development
- noun - an interpretation of a text or action
- noun - any clever maneuver
- noun - the act of rotating rapidly
- noun - a sharp strain on muscles or ligaments
- noun - a sharp bend in a line produced when a line having a loop is pulled tight
- noun - a circular segment of a curve
- noun - a miniature whirlpool or whirlwind resulting when the current of a fluid doubles back on itself
- noun - a jerky pulling movement
- noun - a hairdo formed by braiding or twisting the hair
- noun - social dancing in which couples vigorously twist their hips and arms in time to the music
- noun - the act of winding or twisting
- noun - turning or twisting around (in place)
- verb - to move in a twisting or contorted motion, (especially when struggling)
- verb - cause (a plastic object) to assume a crooked or angular form
- verb - turn in the opposite direction
- verb - form into a spiral shape
- verb - form into twists
- verb - extend in curves and turns
- verb - do the twist
- verb - twist or pull violently or suddenly, especially so as to remove (something) from that to which it is attached or from where it originates
- verb - practice sophistry
- verb - twist suddenly so as to sprain
- To wind together (two or more threads, for example) so as to produce a single strand.
- To form in this manner: twist a length of rope from strands of hemp.
- To wind or coil (vines or rope, for example) about something.
- To interlock or interlace: twist flowers in one’s hair.
- To make (one’s way) in a tortuous manner: twisted my way through the briar patch.
- To turn so as to face another direction: twisted their heads around at the sound of the doorbell.
- To impart a spiral or coiling shape to, as by turning the ends in opposite directions: twisting wire into a loop.
- To turn or open by turning: twisted off the bottle cap.
- To pull, break, or snap by turning: twist off a dead branch.
- To wrench or sprain: twist one’s wrist.
- To alter the normal aspect of; contort: twist one’s mouth into a wry smile.
- To alter or distort the mental, moral, or emotional character of: The trauma twisted the child’s outlook.
- To be or become twisted.
- To move or progress in a winding course; meander: The river twisted toward the sea.
- To squirm; writhe: twist with pain.
- To rotate or revolve.
- To dance the twist.
- To move so as to face in another direction.
- A length of yarn, cord, or thread, especially a strong silk thread used mainly to bind the edges of buttonholes.
- Tobacco leaves processed into the form of a rope or roll.
- A loaf of bread or other bakery product made from pieces of dough twisted together.
- A sliver of citrus peel twisted over or dropped into a beverage for flavoring.
- The act of twisting or the condition of being twisted; a spin, twirl, or rotation.
- A complete rotation of the body around its vertical axis, as in diving and gymnastics.
- A spinning motion given to a ball when thrown or struck in a specific way.
- The state of being twisted into a spiral; torsional stress or strain.
- The degree or angle of torsional stress.
- A contortion or distortion of the body, especially the face.
- A distortion of meaning: gave my words a misleading twist.
- A sprain or wrench, as of an ankle.
- A change in direction; a turn: a sharp twist in the path.
- An unexpected change in a process or a departure from a pattern, often producing a distortion or perversion: a twist of fate; a story with a quirky twist.
- A personal inclination or eccentricity; a penchant or flaw: an odd twist to his character.
- To coerce by or as if by physical force: If you twist my arm, I’ll stay for a second beer.
- verb - to combine by winding together
There are 5 letters in TWIST: I S T T W
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to TWIST
To search all scrabble anagrams of TWIST, to go: TWIST?
Rearrange the letters in TWIST and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of TWIST
What's nearby TWIST
Lookup in Wiki for TWIST
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of TWIST, do not miss the additional links under "More about: TWIST"