Is STOCK valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of STOCK in various dictionaries:
- noun - the capital raised by a corporation through the issue of shares entitling holders to an ownership interest (equity)
- noun - the merchandise that a shop has on hand
- noun - the handle of a handgun or the butt end of a rifle or shotgun or part of the support of a machine gun or artillery gun
- noun - a certificate documenting the shareholder's ownership in the corporation
- noun - a supply of something available for future use
- noun - the descendants of one individual
- noun - a special variety of domesticated animals within a species
- noun - liquid in which meat and vegetables are simmered
- noun - the reputation and popularity a person has
- noun - persistent thickened stem of a herbaceous perennial plant
- noun - a plant or stem onto which a graft is made
- noun - any of several Old World plants cultivated for their brightly colored flowers
- noun - any of various ornamental flowering plants of the genus Malcolmia
- noun - lumber used in the construction of something
- noun - the handle end of some implements or tools
- noun - an ornamental white cravat
- noun - any animals kept for use or profit
- verb - have on hand
- verb - equip with a stock
- verb - supply with fish
- verb - supply with livestock
- verb - amass so as to keep for future use or sale or for a particular occasion or use
- verb - provide or furnish with a stock of something
- verb - put forth and grow sprouts or shoots
- adj - repeated too often
- adj - routine
- adj - regularly and widely used or sold
- A supply accumulated for future use; a store.
- The total merchandise kept on hand by a merchant, commercial establishment, warehouse, or manufacturer.
- All the animals kept or raised on a farm; livestock.
- The capital or fund that a corporation raises through the sale of shares entitling the stockholder to dividends and to other rights of ownership, such as voting rights.
- The number of shares that each stockholder possesses.
- The part of a tally or record of account formerly given to a creditor.
- A debt symbolized by a tally.
- The trunk or main stem of a tree or another plant.
- A plant or stem onto which a graft is made.
- A plant or tree from which cuttings and slips are taken.
- The original progenitor of a family line.
- The descendants of a common ancestor; a family line, especially of a specified character: comes from farming stock.
- Ancestry or lineage; antecedents.
- The type from which a group of animals or plants has descended.
- A race, family, or other related group of animals or plants.
- An ethnic group or other major division of the human race.
- A group of related languages.
- A group of related families of languages.
- The raw material out of which something is made.
- The broth in which meat, fish, bones, or vegetables are simmered for a relatively long period, used as a base in preparing soup, gravy, or sauces.
- The timber frame that supports a ship during construction.
- A frame in which a horse or other animal is held for shoeing or for veterinary treatment.
- A crosspiece at the end of the shank of an anchor.
- The wooden block from which a bell is suspended.
- The rear wooden, metal, or plastic handle or support of a rifle, a pistol, or an automatic weapon, to which the barrel and mechanism are attached.
- The long supporting structure and mooring beam of field-gun carriages that trails along the ground to provide stability and support.
- A handle, such as that of a whip, a fishing rod, or various carpentry tools.
- The frame of a plow, to which the share, handles, coulter, and other parts are fastened.
- A theatrical stock company.
- The repertoire of such a company.
- A theater or theatrical activity, especially outside of a main theatrical center: a small role in summer stock.
- Any of several Eurasian and Mediterranean plants of the genus Matthiola in the mustard family, especially M.
- The portion of a pack of cards or of a group of dominoes that is not dealt out but is drawn from during a game.
- A body of intrusive igneous rock of which less than 100 square kilometers (40 square miles) is exposed.
- A compound organism, such as a colony of zooids.
- Personal reputation or status: a teacher whose stock with the students is rising.
- Confidence or credence: I put no stock in that statement.
- A long white neckcloth worn as part of a formal riding habit.
- A broad scarf worn around the neck, especially by certain clerics.
- Rolling stock.
- To supply (a shop) with merchandise.
- To supply (a farm) with livestock.
- To fill (a stream, for example) with fish.
- To keep for future sale or use.
- To provide (a rifle, for example) with a stock.
- To put (someone) in the stocks as a punishment.
- To gather and lay in a supply of something: stock up on canned goods.
- To put forth or sprout new shoots.
- Kept regularly in stock: a stock item.
- Repeated regularly without any thought or originality; routine: a stock answer.
- Employed in dealing with or caring for stock or merchandise: a stock clerk.
- Of or relating to the raising of livestock: stock farming.
- Used for breeding: a stock mare.
- Of or relating to a stock company or its repertoire.
- Of or being a conventional character or situation that recurs in many literary or cinematic works.
- verb - to keep for future sale or use
There are 5 letters in STOCK: C K O S T
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to STOCK
To search all scrabble anagrams of STOCK, to go: STOCK?
Rearrange the letters in STOCK and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of STOCK
What's nearby STOCK
Lookup in Wiki for STOCK
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of STOCK, do not miss the additional links under "More about: STOCK"