Is LONG valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of LONG in various dictionaries:
- verb - desire strongly or persistently
- adj - primarily temporal sense
- adj - primarily spatial sense
- adj - of relatively great height
- adj - good at remembering
- adj - holding securities or commodities in expectation of a rise in prices
- adj - (of speech sounds or syllables) of relatively long duration
- adj - involving substantial risk
- adj - planning prudently for the future
- adj - having or being more than normal or necessary:"long on brains"
- adv - for an extended time or at a distant time
- adv - for an extended distance
- Extending a relatively great distance.
- Having relatively great height; tall.
- Having the greater length of two or the greatest length of several: the long edge of the door.
- Of relatively great duration: a long time.
- Of a specified linear extent or duration: a mile long; an hour long.
- Made up of many members or items: a long shopping list.
- Extending beyond an average or a standard: a long game.
- Tediously protracted; lengthy: a long speech.
- Concerned with distant issues; far-reaching: took a long view of the geopolitical issues.
- Involving substantial chance; risky: long odds.
- Having an abundance or excess of: “politicians whose résumés are long on competence” (Margaret Garrard Warner).
- Having a holding of a commodity or security in expectation of a rise in price: long on soybeans.
- Having a comparatively great duration.
- Of, relating to, or being a vowel sound in English, such as the vowel sound in mate or feet, that is historically descended from a long vowel.
- Stressed or accented.
- Being of relatively great duration.
- During or for an extended period of time: The promotion was long due.
- At or to a considerable distance; far: She walked long past the end of the trail.
- For or throughout a specified period: They talked all night long.
- At a point of time distant from that referred to: That event took place long before we were born.
- Into or in a long position, as of a commodity market.
- A long time: This won’t take long.
- A long syllable, vowel, or consonant.
- One who acquires holdings in a security or commodity in expectation of a rise in price.
- A garment size for a tall person.
- During the time that: I’ll stay as long as I can.
- Inasmuch as; since: As long as you’re up, get me a drink.
- Under the condition that; provided that: “So long as we don’t understand it too well, every other language is poetry” (Anatole Broyard).
- At a time or during a period well before the present: I read that book long ago.
- A time well before the present: heroes of long ago.
- adj - extending for a considerable distance
- verb - to desire strongly
There are 4 letters in LONG: G L N O
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to LONG
To search all scrabble anagrams of LONG, to go: LONG?
Rearrange the letters in LONG and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of LONG
What's nearby LONG
Lookup in Wiki for LONG
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of LONG, do not miss the additional links under "More about: LONG"