Is BUT valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of BUT in various dictionaries:
- adv - and nothing more
- On the contrary: the plan caused not prosperity but ruin.
- Contrary to expectation; yet: She organized her work but accomplished very little.
- Used to indicate an exception: No one but she saw the prowler.
- With the exception that; except that.
- Without the result that: It never rains but it pours.
- That... not.
- If not; unless: “Ten to one but the police have got them” (Charlotte M.
- Than: They had no sooner arrived but they turned around and left.
- Merely; just; only: hopes that lasted but a moment.
- Traditional grammarians have worried over what form the pronoun ought to take when but is used to indicate an exception in sentences such as No one but I (or No one but me) has read it.
- noun - any of an order of marine fishes
There are 3 letters in BUT: B T U
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to BUT
To search all scrabble anagrams of BUT, to go: BUT?
Rearrange the letters in BUT and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of BUT
What's nearby BUT
Lookup in Wiki for BUT
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of BUT, do not miss the additional links under "More about: BUT"