Scrabble word: VERNIER
In which Scrabble dictionary does VERNIER exist?
Definitions of VERNIER in dictionaries:
- noun - French mathematician who described the vernier scale (1580-1637)
- noun - a small movable scale that slides along a main scale
- A small, movable auxiliary graduated scale attached parallel to a main graduated scale, calibrated to indicate fractional parts of the subdivisions of the larger scale, and used on certain precision instruments to increase accuracy in measurement.
- Of or relating to a vernier.
- noun - an auxiliary scale used with a main scale to obtain fine measurements