Scrabble word: STITCH
In which Scrabble dictionary does STITCH exist?
Definitions of STITCH in dictionaries:
- noun - a link or loop or knot made by an implement in knitting, crocheting, embroidery, or sewing
- noun - a sharp spasm of pain in the side resulting from running
- verb - fasten by sewing
- A single complete movement of a threaded needle in sewing or surgical suturing.
- A single loop of yarn around an implement such as a knitting needle.
- The link, loop, or knot made in this way.
- A mode of arranging the threads in sewing, knitting, or crocheting: a purl stitch.
- A sudden sharp pain, especially in the side.
- An article of clothing: wore not a stitch.
- The least part; a bit: didn’t do a stitch of work.
- A ridge between two furrows.
- To fasten or join with or as if with stitches.
- To mend or repair with stitches: stitched up the tear.
- To decorate or ornament with or as if with stitches: “The sky was stitched with stars” (Mario Puzo).
- To make stitches; sew.
- verb - to join by making in-and-out movements with a threaded needle