Scrabble word: SPECIES
In which Scrabble dictionary does SPECIES exist?
Definitions of SPECIES in dictionaries:
- noun - (biology) taxonomic group whose members can interbreed
- noun - a specific kind of something
- noun - coins collectively
- A fundamental category of taxonomic classification, ranking below a genus or subgenus and consisting of related organisms capable of interbreeding.
- An organism belonging to such a category, represented in binomial nomenclature by an uncapitalized Latin adjective or noun following a capitalized genus name, as in Ananas comosus, the pineapple, and Equus caballus, the horse.
- A class of individuals or objects grouped by virtue of their common attributes and assigned a common name; a division subordinate to a genus.
- A kind, variety, or type: “No species of performing artist is as self-critical as a dancer” (Susan Sontag).
- The human race; humankind.
- Roman Catholic Church.
- The outward appearance or form of the Eucharistic elements that is retained after their consecration.
- Either of the consecrated elements of the Eucharist.
- An outward form or appearance.
- noun - coined money