Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: SKID
In which Scrabble dictionary does SKID exist?
Definitions of SKID in dictionaries:
- noun - one of a pair of planks used to make a track for rolling or sliding objects
- noun - a restraint provided when the brake linings are moved hydraulically against the brake drum to retard the wheel's rotation
- noun - an unexpected slide
- verb - slide without control
- verb - elevate onto skids
- verb - apply a brake or skid to
- verb - move obliquely or sideways, usually in an uncontrolled manner
- The act of sliding or slipping over a surface, often sideways.
- A plank, log, or timber, usually one of a pair, used as a support or as a track for sliding or rolling heavy objects.
- A pallet for loading or handling goods, especially one having solid sideboards and no bottom.
- A wooden framework attached to the side of a ship to prevent damage, as when unloading.
- A shoe or drag applying pressure to a wheel to brake a vehicle.
- A path to ruin or failure: His career hit the skids.
- See Synonyms at slide.
- To slide without revolving: wheels skidding on oily pavement.
- To move sideways in a turn because of insufficient banking.
- To brake (a wheel) with a skid.
- To haul on a skid or skids.
- verb - to slide sideways as a result of a loss of traction
There are 4 letters in SKID: D I K S
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to SKID
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word SKID plus a wildcard: SKID?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word SKID
Images for SKID
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.