Scrabble word: SKID
In which Scrabble dictionary does SKID exist?
Definitions of SKID in dictionaries:
- noun - one of a pair of planks used to make a track for rolling or sliding objects
- noun - a restraint provided when the brake linings are moved hydraulically against the brake drum to retard the wheel's rotation
- noun - an unexpected slide
- verb - slide without control
- verb - elevate onto skids
- verb - apply a brake or skid to
- verb - move obliquely or sideways, usually in an uncontrolled manner
- The act of sliding or slipping over a surface, often sideways.
- A plank, log, or timber, usually one of a pair, used as a support or as a track for sliding or rolling heavy objects.
- A pallet for loading or handling goods, especially one having solid sideboards and no bottom.
- A wooden framework attached to the side of a ship to prevent damage, as when unloading.
- A shoe or drag applying pressure to a wheel to brake a vehicle.
- A path to ruin or failure: His career hit the skids.
- See Synonyms at slide.
- To slide without revolving: wheels skidding on oily pavement.
- To move sideways in a turn because of insufficient banking.
- To brake (a wheel) with a skid.
- To haul on a skid or skids.
- verb - to slide sideways as a result of a loss of traction