Scrabble word: RUBRIC
In which Scrabble dictionary does RUBRIC exist?
Definitions of RUBRIC in dictionaries:
- noun - an authoritative rule of conduct or procedure
- noun - an explanation or definition of an obscure word in a text
- noun - directions for the conduct of Christian church services (often printed in red in a prayer book)
- noun - a heading that names a statute or legislative bill
- noun - a title or heading that is printed in red or in a special type
- noun - category name
- verb - adorn with ruby red color
- A class or category: “This mission is sometimes discussed under the rubric of ‘horizontal escalation’... from conventional to nuclear war” (Jack Beatty).
- A title; a name.
- A part of a manuscript or book, such as a title, a heading, or an initial letter, that appears in decorative red lettering or is otherwise distinguished from the rest of the text.
- A title or heading of a statute or chapter in a code of law.
- A direction in a missal, hymnal, or other liturgical book.
- An authoritative rule or direction.
- A short commentary or explanation covering a broad subject.
- Red ocher.
- Written in red.
- adj - a part of a manuscript or book that appears in red [n -S] : RUBRICAL