Scrabble word: ORIGIN
In which Scrabble dictionary does ORIGIN exist?
Definitions of ORIGIN in dictionaries:
- noun - the place where something begins, where it springs into being
- noun - properties attributable to your ancestry
- noun - an event that is a beginning
- noun - the point of intersection of coordinate axes
- noun - the source of something's existence or from which it derives or is derived
- noun - the descendants of one individual
- The point at which something comes into existence or from which it derives or is derived.
- Ancestry: “We cannot escape our origins, however hard we try” (James Baldwin).
- The fact of originating; rise or derivation: The rumor had its origin in an impulsive remark.
- The point of attachment of a muscle that remains relatively fixed during contraction.
- The point of intersection of coordinate axes, as in the Cartesian coordinate system.
- noun - a coming into being