Scrabble word: OBJECT
In which Scrabble dictionary does OBJECT exist?
Definitions of OBJECT in dictionaries:
- noun - a tangible and visible entity
- noun - the goal intended to be attained (and which is believed to be attainable)
- noun - (grammar) a constituent that is acted upon
- noun - the focus of cognitions or feelings
- noun - (computing) a discrete item that provides a description of virtually anything known to a computer
- verb - express or raise an objection or protest or criticism or express dissent
- verb - be averse to or express disapproval of
- Something perceptible by one or more of the senses, especially by vision or touch; a material thing.
- A focus of attention, feeling, thought, or action: an object of contempt.
- The purpose, aim, or goal of a specific action or effort: the object of the game.
- A noun or substantive that receives or is affected by the action of a verb within a sentence.
- A noun or substantive following and governed by a preposition.
- Something intelligible or perceptible by the mind.
- To present a dissenting or opposing argument; raise an objection: objected to the testimony of the witness.
- To put forward in or as a reason for opposition; offer as criticism: They objected that discipline was lacking.
- verb - to argue in opposition