Scrabble word: MIDWIFE
In which Scrabble dictionary does MIDWIFE exist?
Definitions of MIDWIFE in dictionaries:
- noun - a woman skilled in aiding the delivery of babies
- A person, usually a woman, who is trained to assist women in childbirth.
- One who assists in or takes a part in bringing about a result: “In the Renaissance, artists and writers start to serve as midwives of fame” (Carlin Romano).
- To assist in the birth of (a baby).
- To assist in bringing forth or about: “Washington’s efforts to midwife a Mideast settlement” (Newsweek).
- verb - to assist a woman in childbirth