Scrabble word: MEIOSIS
In which Scrabble dictionary does MEIOSIS exist?
Definitions of MEIOSIS in dictionaries:
- noun - (genetics) cell division that produces reproductive cells in sexually reproducing organisms
- noun - understatement for rhetorical effect (especially when expressing an affirmative by negating its contrary)
- The process of cell division in sexually reproducing organisms that reduces the number of chromosomes in reproductive cells, leading to the production of gametes in animals and spores in plants.
- Rhetorical understatement.
- adj - a type of cell division [n -OSES] : MEIOTIC