Scrabble word: MAQUIS
In which Scrabble dictionary does MAQUIS exist?
Definitions of MAQUIS in dictionaries:
- noun - a guerrilla fighter in the French underground in World War II
- noun - the French underground that fought against the German occupation in World War II
- A dense growth of small trees and shrubs in the Mediterranean area.
- A member of the French underground organization that fought against the German occupation forces during World War II; a member of the Resistance.
- This French underground organization.
- noun - a thick underbrush