Scrabble word: MAJOR
In which Scrabble dictionary does MAJOR exist?
Definitions of MAJOR in dictionaries:
- noun - a commissioned military officer in the United States Army or Air Force or Marines
- noun - British statesman who was prime minister from 1990 until 1997 (born in 1943)
- noun - a university student who is studying a particular field as the principal subject
- noun - the principal field of study of a student at a university
- verb - have as one's principal field of study
- adj - of greater importance or stature or rank
- adj - greater in scope or effect
- adj - greater in number or size or amount
- adj - of the field of academic study in which one concentrates or specializes
- adj - of a scale or mode
- adj - of greater seriousness or danger
- adj - of full legal age
- adj - of the elder of two boys with the same family name
- Greater than others in importance or rank: a major artist.
- Great in scope or effect: a major improvement.
- Great in number, size, or extent: the major portion of the population.
- Requiring great attention or concern; very serious: a major illness.
- Having attained full legal age.
- Of or relating to the field of academic study in which a student specializes.
- Designating a scale or mode having half steps between the third and fourth and the seventh and eighth degrees.
- Equivalent to the distance between the tonic note and the second or third or sixth or seventh degrees of a major scale or mode: a major interval.
- Based on a major scale: major key.
- A comissioned rank in the U.
- A similar rank in another military or paramilitary organization.
- One who holds this rank.
- One that is superior in rank, importance, or ability: an oil-producing country considered as one of the majors.
- One who has reached full legal age.
- A field of study chosen as an academic specialty.
- A student specializing in such studies: a linguistics major.
- A major premise.
- A major term.
- A major scale, key, interval, or mode.
- verb - to pursue a specific principal course of study