Scrabble word: GHOST
In which Scrabble dictionary does GHOST exist?
Definitions of GHOST in dictionaries:
- noun - a mental representation of some haunting experience
- noun - a writer who gives the credit of authorship to someone else
- noun - the visible disembodied soul of a dead person
- noun - a suggestion of some quality
- verb - move like a ghost
- verb - haunt like a ghost
- verb - write for someone else
- The spirit of a dead person, especially one believed to appear in bodily likeness to living persons or to haunt former habitats.
- The center of spiritual life; the soul.
- A demon or spirit.
- A returning or haunting memory or image.
- A slight or faint trace: just a ghost of a smile.
- The tiniest bit: not a ghost of a chance.
- A secondary image on a television or radar screen caused by reflected waves.
- A displaced image in a photograph caused by the optical system of the camera.
- A false spectral line caused by imperfections in the diffraction grating.
- A displaced image in a mirror caused by reflection from the front of the glass.
- A ghostwriter.
- A nonexistent publication listed in bibliographies.
- A fictitious employee or business.
- A red blood cell having no hemoglobin.
- To engage in ghostwriting.
- To move noiselessly like a ghost: “Two young deer ghosted out of the woods” (Nancy M.
- To haunt.
- To ghostwrite: was hired to ghost the memoirs of a famous executive.
- verb - to visit frequently