Scrabble word: FIGURE
In which Scrabble dictionary does FIGURE exist?
Definitions of FIGURE in dictionaries:
- noun - a diagram or picture illustrating textual material
- noun - alternative names for the body of a human being
- noun - one of the elements that collectively form a system of numeration
- noun - a model of a bodily form (especially of a person)
- noun - a well-known or notable person
- noun - a combination of points and lines and planes that form a visible palpable shape
- noun - an amount of money expressed numerically
- noun - the impression produced by a person
- noun - the property possessed by a sum or total or indefinite quantity of units or individuals
- noun - language used in a figurative or nonliteral sense
- noun - a unitary percept having structure and coherence that is the object of attention and that stands out against a ground
- noun - a decorative or artistic work
- noun - a predetermined set of movements in dancing or skating
- verb - judge to be probable
- verb - be or play a part of or in
- verb - imagine
- verb - make a mathematical calculation or computation
- verb - understand
- A written or printed symbol representing something other than a letter, especially a number.
- An amount represented in numbers: sold for a large figure.
- A geometric form consisting of any combination of points, lines, or planes: A triangle is a plane figure.
- The outline, form, or silhouette of a thing.
- The shape or form of a human body.
- An indistinct object or shape: saw figures dashing down the street.
- A person, especially a well-known one: a famous historical figure.
- A person’s public image or presence: became a tragic figure overnight.
- Impression or appearance made: cuts a dashing figure.
- A person, an animal, or an object that symbolizes something.
- A pictorial or sculptural representation, especially of the human body.
- A diagram.
- A design or pattern, as in a textile: silk with a paisley figure.
- An illustration printed from an engraved plate or block.
- A configuration or distinct group of steps in a dance.
- A pattern traced by a series of movements, as in ice skating.
- A brief melodic or harmonic unit often constituting the base for a larger phrase or structure.
- Any one of the forms that a syllogism can take, depending on the position of the middle term.
- To calculate with numbers.
- To make a likeness of; depict.
- To adorn with a design or figures.
- To indicate the chordal structure of (a bass line of single notes) with a sequence of conventionalized numbers.
- To conclude, believe, or predict: I never figured that this would happen.
- To consider or regard: figured them as con artists.
- To calculate; compute.
- To be or seem important or prominent.
- To be pertinent or involved: politicians who figured in the scandal.
- To seem reasonable or expected: It figures.
- To depend on: We figured on your support.
- To take into consideration; expect: I figured on an hour’s delay.
- To plan: We figure on leaving at noon.
- To discover or decide: Let’s figure out a way to help.
- The central meaning shared by these nouns is “an element or a component in a decorative composition”: a tapestry with a floral figure; a rug with a geometric design; a brooch with a fanciful and intricate device; a scarf with a heart motif; fabric with a plaid pattern.
There are 6 letters in FIGURE: E F G I R U
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word FIGURE plus a wildcard: FIGURE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word FIGURE
Images for FIGURE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.