Scrabble word: DESCEND
In which Scrabble dictionary does DESCEND exist?
Definitions of DESCEND in dictionaries:
- verb - move downward and lower, but not necessarily all the way
- verb - come from
- verb - do something that one considers to be below one's dignity
- verb - come as if by falling
- To move from a higher to a lower place; come or go down.
- To slope, extend, or incline downward: “A rough path descended like a steep stair into the plain” (J.
- To come from an ancestor or ancestry: She was descended from a pioneer family.
- To come down from a source; derive: a tradition descending from colonial days.
- To pass by inheritance: The house has descended through four generations.
- To lower oneself; stoop: “She, the conqueror, had descended to the level of the conquered” (James Bryce).
- To proceed or progress downward, as in rank, pitch, or scale: titles listed in descending order of importance; notes that descended to the lower register.
- To arrive or attack in a sudden or an overwhelming manner: summer tourists descending on the seashore village.
- To move from a higher to a lower part of; go down.
- To get down from: “People descended the minibus that shuttled guests to the nearby... beach” (Howard Kaplan).
- To extend or proceed downward along: a road that descended the mountain in sharp curves.
- verb - to come or go down
There are 7 letters in DESCEND: C D D E E N S
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to DESCEND
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word DESCEND plus a wildcard: DESCEND?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word DESCEND
7 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for DESCEND
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.