Scrabble word: CLAIM
In which Scrabble dictionary does CLAIM exist?
Definitions of CLAIM in dictionaries:
- noun - an assertion of a right (as to money or property)
- noun - an assertion that something is true or factual
- noun - demand for something as rightful or due
- noun - an informal right to something
- noun - an established or recognized right
- noun - a demand especially in the phrase "the call of duty"
- verb - assert or affirm strongly
- verb - demand as being one's due or property
- verb - ask for legally or make a legal claim to, as of debts, for example
- verb - lay claim to
- verb - take as an undesirable consequence of some event or state of affairs
- To demand or ask for as one’s own or one’s due; assert one’s right to: claim a reward.
- To take in a violent manner as if by right: a hurricane that claimed two lives.
- To state to be true, especially when open to question; assert or maintain: claimed he had won the race; a candidate claiming many supporters.
- To deserve or call for; require: problems that claim her attention.
- A demand for something as rightful or due.
- A basis for demanding something; a title or right.
- Something claimed in a formal or legal manner, especially a tract of public land staked out by a miner or homesteader.
- A demand for payment in accordance with an insurance policy or other formal arrangement.
- The sum of money demanded.
- The central meaning shared by these nouns is “a legitimate or asserted right to demand something as one’s rightful due”: had a strong legal claim to the property; makes no pretense to scholarliness; pretensions to the chairmanship unjustified in every particular; has no title to our thanks.
- verb - to demand as one's due
There are 5 letters in CLAIM: A C I L M
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to CLAIM
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word CLAIM plus a wildcard: CLAIM?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word CLAIM
Images for CLAIM
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.