Scrabble word: BUCKLE
In which Scrabble dictionary does BUCKLE exist?
Definitions of BUCKLE in dictionaries:
- noun - fastener that fastens together two ends of a belt or strap
- noun - a shape distorted by twisting or folding
- verb - fasten with a buckle or buckles
- verb - fold or collapse
- verb - bend out of shape, as under pressure or from heat
- A clasp for fastening two ends, as of straps or a belt, in which a device attached to one of the ends is fitted or coupled to the other.
- An ornament that resembles this clasp, such as a metal square on a shoe or hat.
- An instance of bending, warping, or crumpling; a bend or bulge.
- To fasten with a buckle.
- To cause to bend, warp, or crumple.
- To become fastened with a buckle.
- To bend, warp, or crumple, as under pressure or heat.
- To give way; collapse: My knees buckled with fear.
- To succumb, as to exhaustion or authority; give in: finally buckled under the excessive demands of the job.
- verb - to bend under pressure