Is SWELL valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of SWELL in various dictionaries:
- noun - the undulating movement of the surface of the open sea
- noun - a rounded elevation (especially one on an ocean floor)
- noun - a crescendo followed by a decrescendo
- noun - a man who is much concerned with his dress and appearance
- verb - increase in size, magnitude, number, or intensity
- verb - become filled with pride, arrogance, or anger
- verb - expand abnormally
- verb - come up (as of feelings and thoughts, or other ephemeral things)
- verb - come up, as of a liquid
- verb - cause to become swollen
- adj - very good
- To increase in size or volume as a result of internal pressure; expand.
- To increase in force, size, number, or degree: Membership in the club swelled.
- To grow in loudness or intensity: “The din in front swelled to a tremendous chorus” (Stephen Crane).
- To bulge out, as a sail.
- To rise or extend above the surrounding level, as clouds.
- To rise in swells, as the sea.
- To be or become filled or puffed up, as with pride, arrogance, or anger.
- To rise from within: Rage swelled within me.
- To cause to increase in volume, size, number, degree, or intensity: The governor’s full public disclosure only swelled the chorus of protests.
- To fill with emotion.
- The act or process of swelling.
- The condition of being swollen.
- A swollen part; a bulge or protuberance.
- A long wave on water that moves continuously without breaking.
- A rise in the land; a rounded elevation.
- One who is fashionably dressed or socially prominent: society swells.
- A crescendo followed by a gradual diminuendo.
- The sign indicating such a crescendo.
- A device on an instrument, such as an organ or a harpsichord, for regulating volume.
- Fashionably elegant; stylish.
- Excellent; wonderful: had a swell time.
- adj - fashionable
- verb - to increase in size or volume
There are 5 letters in SWELL: E L L S W
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to SWELL
To search all scrabble anagrams of SWELL, to go: SWELL?
Rearrange the letters in SWELL and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of SWELL
What's nearby SWELL
Lookup in Wiki for SWELL
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of SWELL, do not miss the additional links under "More about: SWELL"