Is SHOW valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of SHOW in various dictionaries:
- noun - the act of publicly exhibiting or entertaining
- noun - something intended to communicate a particular impression
- noun - a social event involving a public performance or entertainment
- noun - pretending that something is the case in order to make a good impression
- verb - give an exhibition of to an interested audience
- verb - establish the validity of something, as by an example, explanation or experiment
- verb - provide evidence for
- verb - make visible or noticeable
- verb - show in, or as in, a picture
- verb - give expression to
- verb - indicate a place, direction, person, or thing
- verb - be or become visible or noticeable
- verb - indicate a certain reading
- verb - give evidence of, as of records
- verb - take (someone) to their seats, as in theaters or auditoriums
- verb - finish third or better in a horse or dog race
- To cause or allow to be seen; display.
- To display for sale, in exhibition, or in competition: showed her most recent paintings.
- To conduct; guide: showed them to the table.
- To direct one’s attention to; point out: show them the biggest squash in the garden.
- To manifest (an emotion or a condition, for example); reveal: showed displeasure at his remark; a carpet that shows wear.
- To permit access to (a house, for example) when offering for sale or rent.
- To reveal (oneself) as in one’s behavior or condition: The old boat showed itself to be seaworthy.
- To indicate; register: The altimeter showed that the plane was descending.
- To demonstrate by reasoning or procedure: showed that the hypothesis was wrong; a film that showed how to tune a piano.
- To demonstrate to by reasoning or procedure; inform or prove to: showed him how to fix the camera; showed her that it could really happen.
- To grant; bestow: showed no mercy to the traitors.
- To plead; allege: show cause.
- To be or become visible or evident.
- To make an appearance; show up: didn’t show for her appointment.
- To give a performance or present an exhibition.
- To finish third or better in a horserace or dog race.
- A display; a manifestation: made a show of strength.
- A trace or an indication, as of oil in a well.
- The discharge of bloody mucus from the vagina indicating the start of labor.
- The first discharge of blood in menstruation.
- A false appearance; a pretense: only a show of kindness.
- A striking appearance or display; a spectacle.
- A pompous or ostentatious display.
- Display or outward appearance: This antique tea service is just for show.
- A public exhibition or entertainment.
- A radio or television program.
- A movie.
- A theatrical troupe or company.
- An affair or undertaking: ran the whole show.
- Third place at the finish, as in a horserace.
- To be clearly visible.
- To put in an appearance; arrive.
- To expose or reveal the true character or nature of: showed their efforts up as a waste of time.
- To surpass, as in ability or intelligence.
- To display one’s cards with faces up.
- These verbs mean to present something to view.
- adj - to cause or permit to be seen [v SHOWED, SHOWN, SHOWING, SHOWS] : SHOWABLE
There are 4 letters in SHOW: H O S W
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to SHOW
To search all scrabble anagrams of SHOW, to go: SHOW?
Rearrange the letters in SHOW and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of SHOW
What's nearby SHOW
Lookup in Wiki for SHOW
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of SHOW, do not miss the additional links under "More about: SHOW"