Is GUARD valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of GUARD in various dictionaries:
- noun - a person who keeps watch over something or someone
- noun - the person who plays that position on a football team
- noun - a device designed to prevent injury or accidents
- noun - a posture of defence in boxing or fencing
- noun - the person who plays the position of guard on a basketball team
- noun - a military unit serving to protect some place or person
- noun - a precautionary measure warding off impending danger or damage or injury etc.
- noun - the duty of serving as a sentry
- noun - (American football) a position on the line of scrimmage
- noun - a position on a basketball team
- verb - to keep watch over
- verb - watch over or shield from danger or harm
- verb - protect against a challenge or attack
- verb - take precautions in order to avoid some unwanted consequence
- To watch over so as to prevent escape or violence: guarded the prisoner.
- To keep (an opposing player) from scoring or playing efficiently.
- To maintain control over, as to prevent indiscretion: Guard what you say.
- To supervise entry or exit through; keep watch at: guarded the door.
- To furnish (a device or object) with a protective piece.
- To escort.
- To take precautions: guard against infection.
- To serve as a guard.
- One who protects, keeps watch, or acts as a sentinel.
- One who supervises prisoners.
- A group of people serving as an escort or performing drill exhibitions on ceremonial occasions: an honor guard.
- A railway employee in charge of a train.
- One of the two offensive linemen on either side of the center.
- Either of the two players normally positioned in the backcourt who are responsible for bringing the ball to and initiating offensive plays from the frontcourt.
- A defensive position or stance, as in boxing or fencing.
- The act or duty of guarding.
- Protection; watch: a prisoner under close guard.
- Something that gives protection; a safeguard: a guard against tooth decay.
- An attachment or a covering put on a machine to protect the operator or a part of the machine.
- A device on a foil, sword, or knife that protects the hand.
- A padded covering worn to protect a body part from injury: a shin guard.
- A small chain or band attached to a watch or bracelet to prevent loss.
- A ring worn to prevent a more valuable ring from sliding off the finger.
- A signal that prevents accidental activation of a device or ambiguous interpretation of data.
- To keep watch.
- To act as a sentinel.
- verb - to keep from harm, attack, or injury
There are 5 letters in GUARD: A D G R U
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to GUARD
To search all scrabble anagrams of GUARD, to go: GUARD?
Rearrange the letters in GUARD and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of GUARD
What's nearby GUARD
Lookup in Wiki for GUARD
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of GUARD, do not miss the additional links under "More about: GUARD"