Is CROSS valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of CROSS in various dictionaries:
- noun - a wooden structure consisting of an upright post with a transverse piece
- noun - a marking that consists of lines that cross each other
- noun - a representation of the structure on which Jesus was crucified
- noun - any affliction that causes great suffering
- noun - (genetics) an organism that is the offspring of genetically dissimilar parents or stock
- noun - (genetics) the act of mixing different species or varieties of animals or plants and thus to produce hybrids
- verb - travel across or pass over
- verb - meet at a point
- verb - hinder or prevent (the efforts, plans, or desires) of
- verb - fold so as to resemble a cross
- verb - to cover or extend over an area or time period
- verb - meet and pass
- verb - trace a line through or across
- verb - breed animals or plants using parents of different races and varieties
- adj - extending or lying across
- adj - annoyed and irritable
- An upright post with a transverse piece near the top, on which condemned persons were executed in ancient times.
- Often Cross.
- A symbolic representation of the structure on which Jesus was crucified.
- A crucifix.
- A sign made by tracing the outline of a cross with the right hand upon the forehead and chest as a devotional act.
- A trial, affliction, or frustration.
- A medal, emblem, or insignia in the form of an upright post with a transverse piece near the top of it, or a modification thereto.
- A mark or pattern formed by the intersection of two lines, especially such a mark (X) used as a signature.
- A pipe fitting with four branches in upright and transverse form, used as a junction for intersecting pipes.
- A plant or animal produced by crossbreeding; a hybrid.
- The process of crossbreeding; hybridization.
- One that combines the qualities of two other things: a novel that is a cross between romance and satire.
- A contest whose outcome has been dishonestly prearranged.
- To go or extend across; pass from one side of to the other: crossed the room to greet us; a bridge that crosses the bay.
- To carry or conduct across something: crossed the horses at the ford.
- To extend or pass through or over; intersect: Elm Street crosses Oak Street.
- To delete or eliminate by or as if by drawing a line through: crossed tasks off her list as she did them.
- To make or put a line across: Cross your t’s.
- To place crosswise one over the other: cross one’s legs.
- To make the sign of the cross upon or over as a sign of devotion.
- To encounter in passing: His path crossed mine.
- To interfere with; thwart or obstruct: Don’t cross me.
- To ruin completely.
- To crossbreed or cross-fertilize (plants or animals).
- To lie or pass across each other; intersect.
- To move or extend from one side to another: crossed through Canada en route to Alaska.
- To make a crossing: crossed into Germany from Switzerland.
- To change from one condition or loyalty to another.
- To meet in or as if in passing: Our letters must have crossed in the mail.
- To crossbreed or cross-fertilize.
- Lying or passing crosswise; intersecting: a cross street.
- Contrary or counter; opposing.
- Showing ill humor; annoyed.
- Involving interchange; reciprocal.
- adj - ill-tempered
There are 5 letters in CROSS: C O R S S
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to CROSS
To search all scrabble anagrams of CROSS, to go: CROSS?
Rearrange the letters in CROSS and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of CROSS
What's nearby CROSS
Lookup in Wiki for CROSS
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of CROSS, do not miss the additional links under "More about: CROSS"