Scrabble word: TROLL
In which Scrabble dictionary does TROLL exist?
Definitions of TROLL in dictionaries:
- noun - (Scandanavian folklore) a supernatural creature (either a dwarf or a giant) that is supposed to live in caves or in the mountains
- noun - a partsong in which voices follow each other
- noun - a fisherman's lure that is used in trolling
- noun - angling by drawing a baited line through the water
- verb - circulate, move around
- verb - cause to move round and round
- verb - sing the parts of (a round) in succession
- verb - angle with a hook and line drawn through the water
- verb - sing loudly and without inhibition
- verb - praise or celebrate in song
- verb - speak or recite rapidly or in a rolling voice
- To fish for by trailing a baited line from behind a slowly moving boat.
- To fish in by trailing a baited line: troll the lake for bass.
- To trail (a baited line) in fishing.
- To patrol (an area) in search for someone or something: “[Criminals] troll bus stations for young runaways” (Pete Axthelm).
- To sing in succession the parts of (a round, for example).
- To sing heartily: troll a carol.
- To roll or revolve.
- To fish by trailing a line, as from a moving boat.
- To wander about; ramble.
- To patrol an area in search for someone or something.
- To sing heartily or gaily.
- To roll or spin around.
- The act of trolling for fish.
- A lure, such as a spoon or spinner, that is used for trolling.
- A vocal composition in successive parts; a round.
- A supernatural creature of Scandinavian folklore, variously portrayed as a friendly or mischievous dwarf or as a giant, that lives in caves, in the hills, or under bridges.
- verb - to fish with a slowly trailing line