Scrabble word: TOLL
In which Scrabble dictionary does TOLL exist?
Definitions of TOLL in dictionaries:
- noun - a fee levied for the use of roads or bridges (used for maintenance)
- noun - value measured by what must be given or done or undergone to obtain something
- noun - the sound of a bell being struck
- verb - ring slowly
- verb - charge a fee for using
- A fixed charge or tax for a privilege, especially for passage across a bridge or along a road.
- A charge for a service, such as a long-distance telephone call.
- The amount or extent of loss or destruction, as of life, health, or property, caused by a disaster.
- To exact as a toll.
- To charge a fee for using (a structure, such as a bridge).
- To sound (a large bell) slowly at regular intervals.
- To sound in slowly repeated single tones.
- The act of tolling.
- The sound of a bell being struck.
- verb - to collect or impose a toll (a fixed charge for a service or privilege)