Scrabble word: SOAK
In which Scrabble dictionary does SOAK exist?
Definitions of SOAK in dictionaries:
- noun - the process of becoming softened and saturated as a consequence of being immersed in water (or other liquid)
- noun - washing something by allowing it to soak
- verb - submerge in a liquid
- verb - rip off
- verb - cover with liquid
- verb - leave as a guarantee in return for money
- verb - beat severely
- verb - make drunk (with alcoholic drinks)
- verb - become drunk or drink excessively
- verb - fill, soak, or imbue totally
- verb - heat a metal prior to working it
- To make thoroughly wet or saturated by or as if by placing in liquid.
- To immerse in liquid for a period of time.
- To absorb (liquid, for example) through or as if through pores or interstices.
- To remove (a stain, for example) by continued immersion: soaked out the grease spots.
- To take in or accept mentally, especially eagerly and easily: soaked up the gossip.
- To drink (alcoholic liquor), especially to excess.
- To make (a person) drunk.
- To overcharge (a person).
- To be immersed until thoroughly saturated.
- To penetrate or permeate; seep: The speaker paused to let her words soak in.
- To drink to excess.
- The act or process of soaking.
- The condition of being soaked.
- Liquid in which something may be soaked.
- A drunkard.
- verb - to saturate thoroughly in liquid