Scrabble word: SCHOOL
In which Scrabble dictionary does SCHOOL exist?
Definitions of SCHOOL in dictionaries:
- noun - an educational institution
- noun - a building where young people receive education
- noun - the process of being formally educated at a school
- noun - a body of creative artists or writers or thinkers linked by a similar style or by similar teachers
- noun - the period of instruction in a school
- noun - an educational institution's faculty and students
- noun - a large group of fish
- verb - educate in or as if in a school
- verb - teach or refine to be discriminative in taste or judgment
- verb - swim in or form a large group of fish
- An institution for the instruction of children or people under college age.
- An institution for instruction in a skill or business: a secretarial school; a karate school.
- A college or university.
- An institution within or associated with a college or university that gives instruction in a specialized field and recommends candidates for degrees.
- A division of an educational institution constituting several grades or classes: advanced to the upper school.
- The student body of an educational institution.
- The building or group of buildings housing an educational institution.
- The process of being educated formally, especially education constituting a planned series of courses over a number of years: The children were put to school at home.
- A session of instruction: School will start in three weeks.
- A group of people, especially philosophers, artists, or writers, whose thought, work, or style demonstrates a common origin or influence or unifying belief: the school of Aristotle; the Venetian school of painters.
- A group of people distinguished by similar manners, customs, or opinions: aristocrats of the old school.
- Close-order drill instructions or exercises for military units or personnel.
- A group of people gathered together for gambling.
- To educate in or as if in a school.
- A large group of aquatic animals, especially fish, swimming together; a shoal.
- verb - to educate in an institution of learning