Scrabble word: PIVOT
In which Scrabble dictionary does PIVOT exist?
Definitions of PIVOT in dictionaries:
- noun - the person in a rank around whom the others wheel and maneuver
- noun - axis consisting of a short shaft that supports something that turns
- noun - the act of turning on (or as if on) a pivot
- verb - turn on a pivot
- A short rod or shaft on which a related part rotates or swings.
- A person or thing on which something depends or turns; the central or crucial factor.
- The act of turning on or as if on a pivot.
- To mount on, attach by, or provide with a pivot or pivots.
- To turn on or as if on a pivot: “The plot... lacks direction, pivoting on Hamlet’s incertitude” (G.
- verb - to turn on a shaft or rod