Scrabble word: PINCH
In which Scrabble dictionary does PINCH exist?
Definitions of PINCH in dictionaries:
- noun - a painful or straitened circumstance
- noun - an injury resulting from getting some body part squeezed
- noun - a slight but appreciable amount
- noun - a sudden unforeseen crisis (usually involving danger) that requires immediate action
- noun - a small sharp bite or snip
- noun - a squeeze with the fingers
- noun - the act of apprehending (especially apprehending a criminal)
- verb - squeeze tightly between the fingers
- verb - make ridges into by pinching together
- verb - make off with belongings of others
- verb - cut the top off
- verb - irritate as if by a nip, pinch, or tear
- To squeeze between the thumb and a finger, the jaws of a tool, or other edges.
- To squeeze or bind (a part of the body) in such a way as to cause discomfort or pain: These shoes pinch my toes.
- To nip, wither, or shrivel: buds that were pinched by the frost; a face that was pinched with grief.
- To straiten: “A year and a half of the blockade has pinched Germany” (William L.
- To take (money or property) unlawfully; steal.
- To take into custody; arrest.
- To move (something) by means of a pinch bar.
- To head (a boat) very close into the wind.
- To press, squeeze, or bind painfully: This collar pinches.
- To be miserly.
- To drag an oar at the end of a stroke.
- The act or an instance of pinching.
- An amount that can be held between thumb and forefinger: a pinch of rosemary.
- A painful, difficult, or straitened circumstance: felt the pinch of the recession.
- An emergency situation: This coat will do in a pinch.
- A narrowing of a mineral deposit, as in a mine.
- A theft.
- An arrest by a law enforcement officer.
- verb - to squeeze between two edges or surfaces