Scrabble word: PINCH
In which Scrabble dictionary does PINCH exist?
Definitions of PINCH in dictionaries:
- noun - a painful or straitened circumstance
- noun - an injury resulting from getting some body part squeezed
- noun - a slight but appreciable amount
- noun - a sudden unforeseen crisis (usually involving danger) that requires immediate action
- noun - a small sharp bite or snip
- noun - a squeeze with the fingers
- noun - the act of apprehending (especially apprehending a criminal)
- verb - squeeze tightly between the fingers
- verb - make ridges into by pinching together
- verb - make off with belongings of others
- verb - cut the top off
- verb - irritate as if by a nip, pinch, or tear
- To squeeze between the thumb and a finger, the jaws of a tool, or other edges.
- To squeeze or bind (a part of the body) in such a way as to cause discomfort or pain: These shoes pinch my toes.
- To nip, wither, or shrivel: buds that were pinched by the frost; a face that was pinched with grief.
- To straiten: “A year and a half of the blockade has pinched Germany” (William L.
- To take (money or property) unlawfully; steal.
- To take into custody; arrest.
- To move (something) by means of a pinch bar.
- To head (a boat) very close into the wind.
- To press, squeeze, or bind painfully: This collar pinches.
- To be miserly.
- To drag an oar at the end of a stroke.
- The act or an instance of pinching.
- An amount that can be held between thumb and forefinger: a pinch of rosemary.
- A painful, difficult, or straitened circumstance: felt the pinch of the recession.
- An emergency situation: This coat will do in a pinch.
- A narrowing of a mineral deposit, as in a mine.
- A theft.
- An arrest by a law enforcement officer.
- verb - to squeeze between two edges or surfaces
There are 5 letters in PINCH: C H I N P
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to PINCH
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word PINCH plus a wildcard: PINCH?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word PINCH
Images for PINCH
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.