Scrabble word: NUCLEUS
In which Scrabble dictionary does NUCLEUS exist?
Definitions of NUCLEUS in dictionaries:
- noun - a part of the cell containing DNA and RNA and responsible for growth and reproduction
- noun - the positively charged dense center of an atom
- noun - a small group of indispensable persons or things
- noun - (astronomy) the center of the head of a comet
- noun - any histologically identifiable mass of neural cell bodies in the brain or spinal cord
- noun - the central structure of the lens that is surrounded by the cortex
- A central or essential part around which other parts are gathered or grouped; a core: the nucleus of a city.
- Something regarded as a basis for future development and growth; a kernel: a few paintings that formed the nucleus of a great art collection.
- A large, membrane-bound, usually spherical protoplasmic structure within a living cell, containing the cell’s hereditary material and controlling its metabolism, growth, and reproduction.
- The central kernel of a nut or seed.
- The center of a starch granule.
- A group of specialized nerve cells or a localized mass of gray matter in the brain or spinal cord.
- The positively charged central region of an atom, composed of protons and neutrons and containing almost all of the mass of the atom.
- A group of atoms bound in a structure, such as a benzene ring, that is resistant to alteration in chemical reactions.
- The central portion of the head of a comet.
- The central or brightest part of a nebula or galaxy.
- A particle on which water vapor molecules accumulate in free air to form a droplet or ice crystal.
- noun - an essential part of a cell