Scrabble word: NEEDLE
In which Scrabble dictionary does NEEDLE exist?
Definitions of NEEDLE in dictionaries:
- noun - the leaf of a conifer
- noun - a slender pointer for indicating the reading on the scale of a measuring instrument
- noun - a sharp pointed implement (usually steel)
- noun - a stylus that formerly made sound by following a groove in a phonograph record
- verb - goad or provoke,as by constant criticism
- verb - prick with a needle
- A small, slender implement used for sewing or surgical suturing, made usually of polished steel and having an eye at one end through which a length of thread is passed and held.
- Any one of various other implements, such as one used in knitting or crocheting.
- A small, pointed stylus used to transmit vibrations from the grooves of a phonograph record.
- A slender pointer or indicator on a dial, scale, or similar part of a mechanical device.
- A magnetic needle.
- A hypodermic needle.
- A hypodermic injection; a shot.
- A narrow stiff leaf, as those of conifers.
- A fine, sharp projection, as a spine of a sea urchin or a crystal.
- A sharp-pointed instrument used in engraving.
- A goading, provoking, or teasing remark or act.
- To prick, pierce, or stitch with a small, slender, sharp-pointed implement.
- To goad, provoke, or tease.
- To increase the alcoholic content of (a beverage).
- verb - to sew with a slender, pointed instrument