Scrabble word: MOTLEY
In which Scrabble dictionary does MOTLEY exist?
Definitions of MOTLEY in dictionaries:
- noun - a collection containing a variety of sorts of things
- noun - a garment made of motley (especially a court jester's costume)
- noun - a multicolored woolen fabric woven of mixed threads in 14th to 17th century England
- verb - make something more diverse and varied
- verb - make motley
- adj - consisting of a haphazard assortment of different kinds
- adj - having sections or patches colored differently and usually brightly
- Having elements of great variety or incongruity; heterogeneous: “Most Ivy League freshman classes are chosen from a motley collection of constituencies... and a bare majority of entering students can honestly be called scholars” (New York Times).
- Having many colors; variegated; parti-colored: a motley tunic.
- The parti-colored attire of a court jester.
- A heterogeneous, often incongruous mixture of elements.
- adj - composed of diverse elements
- noun - a garment of various colors