Scrabble word: GHETTO
In which Scrabble dictionary does GHETTO exist?
Definitions of GHETTO in dictionaries:
- noun - formerly the restricted quarter of many European cities in which Jews were required to live
- noun - any segregated mode of living or working that results from bias or stereotyping
- noun - a poor densely populated city district occupied by a minority ethnic group linked together by economic hardship and social restrictions
- A section of a city occupied by a minority group who live there especially because of social, economic, or legal pressure.
- A section or quarter in a European city to which Jews were formerly restricted.
- Something that resembles the restriction or isolation of a city ghetto: “trapped in ethnic or pink-collar managerial job ghettoes” (Diane Weathers).
- verb - to isolate in a slum