Scrabble word: FIGHT
In which Scrabble dictionary does FIGHT exist?
Definitions of FIGHT in dictionaries:
- noun - a hostile meeting of opposing military forces in the course of a war
- noun - the act of fighting
- noun - an aggressive willingness to compete
- noun - an intense verbal dispute
- noun - a boxing or wrestling match
- verb - be engaged in a fight
- verb - fight against or resist strongly
- verb - make a strenuous or labored effort
- verb - exert oneself continuously, vigorously, or obtrusively to gain an end or engage in a crusade for a certain cause or person
- To attempt to harm or gain power over an adversary by blows or with weapons.
- To engage in boxing or wrestling.
- To engage in a quarrel; argue: They are always fighting about money.
- To strive vigorously and resolutely: fought against graft; fighting for her rights.
- To contend with physically or in battle.
- To wage or carry on (a battle).
- To contend for, by or as if by combat: “I now resolved that Calais should be fought to the death” (Winston S.
- To box or wrestle against in a ring.
- To participate in (a boxing match, for example).
- To set (a boxer, for example) in combat with another.
- To contend with or struggle against: fight cancer; fight temptation.
- To try to prevent the development or success of.
- To gain by struggle or striving: fought my way to the top.
- A confrontation between opposing groups in which each attempts to harm or gain power over the other, as with bodily force or weapons.
- A quarrel or conflict.
- A physical conflict between two or more individuals.
- A boxing or wrestling match.
- A struggle to achieve an objective.
- The power or inclination to fight; pugnacity: I just didn’t have any fight left in me.
- verb - to attempt to defeat an adversary