Scrabble word: DRIFT
In which Scrabble dictionary does DRIFT exist?
Definitions of DRIFT in dictionaries:
- noun - a force that moves something along
- noun - the gradual departure from an intended course due to external influences (as a ship or plane)
- noun - a process of linguistic change over a period of time
- noun - a large mass of material that is heaped up by the wind or by water currents
- noun - a general tendency to change (as of opinion)
- noun - the pervading meaning or tenor
- noun - a horizontal (or nearly horizontal) passageway in a mine
- verb - be in motion due to some air or water current
- verb - wander from a direct course or at random
- verb - move about aimlessly or without any destination, often in search of food or employment
- verb - vary or move from a fixed point or course
- verb - live unhurriedly, irresponsibly, or freely
- verb - move in an unhurried fashion
- verb - cause to be carried by a current
- verb - drive slowly and far afield for grazing
- verb - be subject to fluctuation
- verb - be piled up in banks or heaps by the force of wind or a current
- To be carried along by currents of air or water: a balloon drifting eastward; as the wreckage drifted toward shore.
- To proceed or move unhurriedly and smoothly: drifting among the party guests.
- To move leisurely or sporadically from place to place, especially without purpose or regular employment: a day laborer, drifting from town to town.
- To wander from a set course or point of attention; stray.
- To vary from or oscillate randomly about a fixed setting, position, or mode of operation.
- To be piled up in banks or heaps by the force of a current: snow drifting to five feet.
- To cause to be carried in a current: drifting the logs downstream.
- To pile up in banks or heaps: Wind drifted the loose straw against the barn.
- To drive (livestock) slowly or far afield, especially for grazing.
- The act or condition of drifting.
- Something moving along in a current of air or water.
- A bank or pile, as of sand or snow, heaped up by currents of air or water.
- Rock debris transported and deposited by or from ice, especially by or from a glacier.
- A general trend or tendency, as of opinion.
- General meaning or purport; tenor: caught the drift of the conversation.
- A gradual change in position.
- A gradual deviation from an original course, model, method, or intention.
- Variation or random oscillation about a fixed setting, position, or mode of behavior.
- A gradual change in the output of a circuit or amplifier.
- The rate of flow of a water current.
- A tool for ramming or driving something down.
- A tapered steel pin for enlarging and aligning holes.
- A horizontal or nearly horizontal passageway in a mine running through or parallel to a vein.
- A secondary mine passageway between two main shafts or tunnels.
- A drove or herd, especially of swine.
- verb - to move along in a current
There are 5 letters in DRIFT: D F I R T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to DRIFT
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word DRIFT plus a wildcard: DRIFT?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word DRIFT
Images for DRIFT
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.